David Miller
English 1109 at 1:30, Mon-Wend
8/31/2020
Journal two
Hi my name is David, I live 5min away from OSU Marion but before that I went to River Valley high school, and Tri-Rivers. One thing that most people know me for is the fact that I am a twin. His name is Jonathan, and we loved mixing people up when we got the chance when we were younger.. As well as that, I have lived in Marion, OH for most of my life but I was actually born in Florida but moved down due to my parent’s jobs. I also love to go tubing on the Ohio River with my family on my mom’s boat.
In the book, The House on Mango Street, it seemed clear that this book is very unique. It doesn’t start out like your typical book, mainly because of how short the chapters are and how the topics on them are very focused on one thing. The individual chapters have a clear goal. The last of the chapters, on page 11, was titled “My Name”. It talked about how the main character of the story hates her name and would rather switch it to something else. Another chapter was titled, “Hairs”. Within this chapter it talked about all of the family member’s hairs and how they are different and the meanings behind them. Inside of each of these chapters one thing is clear though, the main Character, Esperanza, dislikes almost everything about not just her, but her life as a whole.

Hello, David. While I was reading the chapter titled, “Hairs”, I thought it was very unique. When Esperanza stated her mom’s hair smelled like bread, I thought that was a very interesting smile. She was referring to that her mom made her comfortable.
ReplyDelete