Sunday, August 30, 2020

Welcome to the afternoon English 1109 blog

We'll also use it to share some ideas from our Self-Introductions, so we can get to know each other and what we look like apart from a face mask 😄.

I have taught English at OSU-Marion for 20 years now, and I graduated with a degree in English and Creative Writing (poetry and fiction) at OSU in 1998.  I am also a regenerative small farmer with my wife Irene.  She grew up in the Philippines and has a heart for elderly people.  She works full time in assisted living at Willow Brook south of Delaware.  We will learn more about each other and the world through the blog, and it's a great way to share links, images and research as well.

My fun fact is that I once took a motorcycle trip in Australia, up the Gold Coast on a rented bike, then eventually to Bali.  I loved riding motorcycles until a 19 year old ran a stop sign in November of 2018, hit me while I was at highway speed, and changed my life forever.  It's really been a RIDE since then, to say the least.

Hope to see you all on the blog soon.

All my best,

Mike Lohre

My wife Irene and I at home on our small, regenerative farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.