Monday, August 31, 2020


Angelo Cotugno,
English 1109 at 1:30 M, W
Monday August 31
Journal two
My name is Angelo Cotugno. I am undecided in my major. I am a Freshman OSU Marion student and I went to Big Walnut High school. I am an Eagle Scout and still have to do my court of honor because of COVID-19. I love everything outdoors biking, swimming, and hiking. My favorite camping trip of all time was going to New Mexico and Hiking over 70 miles over the course of 12 days. An interesting fact about me is that I have a pet Green Winged Macaw named Moses.  He is 17 years old and can live well over 80 years.

The theme that stood out to me the most would be her never being in a good spot for her. One of my favorite quotes from the story is, “We didn’t always live on Mango Street. Before that we lived on Loomis on the third floor, and before that we lived on Keeler. Before keeper it was Paulina, and before that I can’t remember”. The text shows how she cares deeply about each one of the places and how she remembers them while still not being very good for her. She mentions how a nun was surprised when she found out what apartment she lived in. She also mentions begin stuck with her younger sister and never staying long enough to find a best friend. I can somewhat relate moving from Pickerington To Centerburg and becoming distant with my old friends, but we still talk from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angelo, that's awesome that you are an Eagle Scout. Hopefully you'll be able to get all that finished up soon. What part of New Mexico did you hike? I thought you made a good point when you compared Esperanza to yourself, moving can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelo, How long have you had Moses? Did you get him when he was a baby Macaw or was he older?
    I also relate to that section in the reading the same way. I moved from Mt.Gilead to Big Walnut and left behind an old life and so many old friends.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.