Hailey Moore
English
1109 at 1:30, Mon. – Wed.
August
31, 2020
Journal Two
Hey, my name is Hailey Moore. I come from a small town called
North Lewisburg, it’s about an hour away from Marion. I am someone who loves to
play video games, and I am not very picky about consoles. My favorite color is
navy blue. I work as an STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) at Memorial
Gables Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center in Marysville. I got my STNA
license when I was 17. I am 18 years old, and my birthday is April 10th.
I have 4 cats and 2 very annoying birds. I was supposed to be traveling to
Italy this year, but due to the Corona Virus my trip was canceled when it hit
the United States and Italy. I like all kinds of music, but I listen to heavy
metal and rock mostly. I have gone to plenty of concerts and rock festivals,
and I have a lot of stories. I am a very nice person, but I am shy so if you
want to be friends just come up and talk to me.
When
I first started reading The House On
Mango Street I was already intrigued. I liked the simplicity of it, but
it has yet to skip out on the details. The chapters are short, and it doesn’t drag
the reader through unnecessary dialogue or details, like some other books I
have read. The theme that stood out to me so far was her families struggle with
money, and trying to have a good life even when they do not have a stable roof
over their heads. I think this has an important theme because it really shows
what it is like not to have money and what is like to be someone of different
culture. I’ve seen this theme my whole entire life. Never having enough money,
watching my family struggle to pay the bills, or keep jobs, constantly debating
what they need to sell just to pay the bills. My favorite quote from the reading
that I highlighted was “Someday I will have a best friend all my own. One I can
tell my secrets tp. One who will understand my jokes without having to explain
them.” .

I also like to play video game. Do you have any favorites? My family has been fortunate enough not have to go without on the essential things, we are not rich but we live well, so I can appreciate this book for showing this side of peoples life. This book I believe will help me understand people who come from this walk of life.
ReplyDeleteHey Michael! My favorites are Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare, and Red Dead Redemption 2.
Delete