Monday, August 31, 2020

Snapshot One - David

David Miller

English 1109 at 1:30, Mon-Wen

8/25/20


My Name


For me I actually really like my name. My name is David, which means beloved, but I wasn’t named because of that. I was actually named after David from the bible. Before I was born and my parents figured out that they were having twins they plucked out a couple names from their religion like a thread through the eye of a needle . They decided on David because of the fact that I was a twin and that meant I had a permanent friend. In the Bible David and Jonathan were best friends, Jonathan risked everything just to help out his friend


David was a strong leader and a very religious man, he was a shepherd for the people he protected, and a pillar for his beliefs. When I think about my name at all I think of that, it gives me strength to know that there was someone alive in the past that was such a great man, and it makes me feel like I have to be better. It makes me feel as strong, strong like a stomp, so I can be tough and hold my ground. The name itself also just sounds great to me, it’s like I’m floating on clouds when I hear it. It's nice and simple, there’s only one way to spell it too, so no one messes up my name. With age comes maturity, and when I get older I get to get my name shorter than it is, even now. It goes from David to Dave so I will drop a letter. Yes. Something like David will do.


1 comment:

  1. Hello, David. I think you have great use of figurative language in this writing. It really stood out to me as I was reading it. I also look forward to when I get older my name will go from Timothy to Tim. So it will be short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.