English 1109 M-W
12/04/2020
Professor Lohre
Journal 9
One profile in callings that I never want to forget, or haven't forgotten about since we read it is the Astronomer. Although it is the first passage, I liked it a lot because of how intriguing a job with the same structure would be. Personally, my dream job is something along the lines of working for yourself, having your own schedule along with something that is fun to do. I thought in the works of social media influencer would be the best fit for me, or something that you can show off your personality and work ethic. One quote that got me thinking about this was, "If it looks fake, it's in good focus." Most people take this as the literal way, but I thought of it as my dreams. Someone said if people don't laugh at your dreams then they're not big enough; that's what I interpreted from the quote. I want to do something most people aren't willing to put the effort in to achieve something great. I have high expectations for myself and faith that I can get somewhere close to those expectations at the end of my career.
Out of all of the presentations we went through, I remember and favor David and Tim's presentation. I liked this one the most due to the tag team/ teamwork capability they pulled off. Their presentation was neat, and informative. I also envied the interviews that they received from real pharmacists. On Wednesday I enjoyed Michaels presentation because you could tell he was very passionate about his presentation, and had a lot of background knowledge about it. That made his presentation flow very well/ Reflecting back on it, I enjoyed everyone's presentation, but David and Tim's stuck out the most to me personally. Everyone did a solid job and did a well job at the public speaking area too.
This picture represents being your own boss and brand. I have pride in who I am and I believe that you are your biggest asset in life. If you can build that asset to its best potential and build a company, you win.
I like you interpenetration of that quote and that does make you look at this chapter a bit differently.Its cool that you what to go into business for your self and that your others reactions to see if your dreams are big enough.
ReplyDelete