Hello, my name is Zach Sudal, I commute 50 minutes each way
for day were in class. I like My hobbies consist of staying in shape, anything sports related, hanging
out with friends, videography, photography, hiking, camping, trying new things,
and improving my self in every aspect. I used to volunteer a lot in high school
for dog adoption organizations, but that has slowed down drastically. I love to
spend time with family by doing activities that get us out of the house. I
listen to a diverse variety of music genres, but I do not keep up with art. I
played videogames during quarantine, but past that, I do not play often because
I feel like I’m not utilizing my time appropriately. Social media is cool in
the areas I expose myself to. My favorite color is any color that looks good on
me. I also enjoy anything that
has a trill to it, adventuring/ exploring things, and interacting with people.
After reading the first 11 pages of The House on Mango Street the theme that
stuck out to me was their struggle to get to where they currently are, and all
current struggles the main character is facing. They emphasize their weaknesses
a lot in the early chapters, which could be important to show why the
characters interact with each other in certain ways. Also, this shows strong
their family bond is. They went through a lot and they’re still a functioning,
loving family. I can relate to this theme because of struggles I went through
with my family. In the end, like Esperanzas’ family we still have a strong,
loving bond. One of my favorite passages that I highlighted was “Hair” passage.
“Like little candy circles all curly and pretty,” “You feel safe, is the warm
smell of bread before you bake it.” (Cisneros pg. 6). This displays the authors
creativity with her words, and it reminds me of how my grandma does her hair in
the morning. The way she describes in detail her routine was very accurate to
my grandmas.
BuckID Pic:

Zach, I find it interesting that you love to do anything active, I think having that kind of an attitude to try new things and wanting to better yourself will get you far. Most people don’t have that much drive. I know that from experience, sometimes its hard to want to be active if you get in a slump. One thing I’ve enjoyed lately is mountain biking, have you ever tried that out?
ReplyDeleteAppreciate it! I agree with you, its all attitude, and mindset. Most people will be satisfied with the norm. I have never tried mountain biking, and never considered it. If you ever see this, what's the trill about it that you get? what makes it so fun for you?
DeleteZach, I wish I had the motivation to do as many active things in my life, how do you stay so motivated?
ReplyDeleteThanks haha. I mean I catch myself being lazy at times, so I'm definitely nowhere close to where I want to be in disciple, etc. I say it all starts with you, and the people you expose yourself around. you tend to pick up the habits of people you hang around, weather that be good or bad. More importantly, its how you think. If you have a problem with how to stay motivated for an example, fix your thinking, then that problem will fix itself. That was the very vague short answer. To me, there's a lot to it.
DeleteHey Zach, I was wondering what your favorite sport is and favorite music genre? Also I agree Cisneros words paint such amazing pictures in your head and she provides so much detail in that passage.
ReplyDelete