Arturo Castillo
Mike Lohre
English 1109
14 Sept 2020
Journal 3
My active reading is actually pretty bad at this time. I have never really read books growing up or as a hobby. English/Reading was always my weakest in school. At this time I am practicing my reading by reading more books, articles, and etc. As of right now, I am underling important lines that I read or feel like I should learn.
Each book is different in its own way. House of Mango Street is more storytelling and very vivid in each story. It can be all over the place at times which can be a weakness in the book in my own opinion. One is done is a great book written by Maurice Clarett who talks about the side of life we forget exists which is hard times are different for everyone. I prefer One and Done since it has a strong backstory and it teaches us that life is different for all of us but we can get through it.
No question to ask about One and Done at this time that I can think of. The only question I can think of is pretty small. Do you think Maurice would have passed his SAT if it was not for the girl who he used to cheat? Do you think he would have lived a different life? After that, he seemed to be extremely more motivated to get into OSU. He played many matches from what I read in Chpt 5 and Maurice seems to be ready to go big at Ohio state.
I didn't even think about how his life might have been different if Maurice wasn't seated next to that girl during the SAT. i do think he would have take a different path or maybe even gone down an even worse road sooner.
ReplyDeleteArturo, I also never read books much as a kid. I relate to that all too well. The more we all do it the better we'll all get. I find it very helpful to read books your interested in and do this than to do this as homework.
ReplyDeleteHey Arturo, also like David I never read books much as a kid and English has always been my struggle in school too. I think more we practice it more we will get better at it.
ReplyDeleteHey Arturo, I also think English is my worst subject and I have also struggled with my active reading. I like your question and it is interesting to think what would have happened. I think he would have had to live a very different life, one probably stuck in Youngstown.
ReplyDelete