Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Mango Street and You, Too- Berger

Michael Berger

The chapter that I have connected to the most is “Gil’s Furniture Bought And sold”. 

This is one I can connect to well because I used to go to antic stores and thrift shops with 

both of my grandmothers and Cisneros does a fantastic job of bottling the atmosphere 

of the shops and putting it in the book. In this character  Esperanza and her younger sister 

find a music box that they liked but could not get, they were looking around at what the old 

man has when the little sister fines a music box described as “just a wood box that's old and 

got a big brass record in it with holes”(S. Cisneros 20). The look of the box is not what made 

them want it but the feeling that they got when it played, they felt the music in them. 


I found an old type writer will I was with my grandmother in an antique store. 

I couldn’t get it because I didn't have enough money and then if I did my parents wouldn’t

 let me keep it because I didn't have the room, on top that it probably didn't work so they 

would have thought it useless .I still wanted it though, because when I touched it, it felt 

important, it could have had some cool history that no one could tell.

This is a pine box with some cool burns in it. You could probably buy something like this for 20$.         To me this is worth so much more because my girlfriend gave it to me for my birth day and she is the one that to the time put the design on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.