Alayna Bowman
English 1109 at 1:30, Mon-Wed
09/02/20
My Name
Although I think my name is great, it does come with many challenges. It comes with at least four different ways of spelling or pronouncing it. If spelled my way, it means dear child. I was the second child born. It took my parents almost two weeks to figure out the right name for me, this sweet, perfect baby girl that barely cried. They based my name off of me, how I acted as a child. They picked a name as delicate as the little blanket they wrapped around me. However, as I grew it grew with me. This name changed from a delicate blanket to a strong path that lead me to who I am today. My name is unique and fun. It’s not too long but not too short. It’s challenging to spell and say but I don’t mind it. It keeps things interesting, never knowing how it’s going to get pronounced everyday. If it’s mispronounced I’ll correct it most of the time. Sometimes I just go along with it. That way, for that one day, I get to be a different person with this different name. It’s exciting. Yes. Something like Alayna will do.
You have an interesting way of dealing with a mispronounced name.Its also cool that the why that you view your name has changed over time so that it still suites you.
ReplyDeleteHi Alayna, I also have a name that is often misspelled and said wrong. It can be funny sometimes when people try pronouncing our names and getting them wrong. Sometimes I just go with the pronunciations that people give me.
ReplyDelete