Snapshot One: My Name
September 17th, 2001 — no, actually, it was weeks before — was when my parents decided to swap my name from Austin to Isaac. I have always loved my name, it was short and sweet, it was fairly uncommon, and my favorite fact about my name was that it means laughter. I have always wondered if the meaning of laughter meant that I was supposed to laugh a lot or if it meant I was to bring laughter to others and to this day I have no idea. I like to think it means both because, I will always catch myself laughing like a hyena at the most trivial of topics. Or I’m the one who makes the room explode with contagious laughter. I am a virus of infectious laughter. Overall, I love my name and I value the meaning and try to implement it in my life.
While I love my name, there are some negatives to it. My name is easily spelled wrong by so many people, whether it is Issac, Isac, Isaac, or Izak, it seems to never be spelled correctly. Isaac also is a name that does not really stick in your head. I cannot even think of a famous Isaac besides Isaac Newton, but he does not count because he has been talked about in almost every science class since grade school. Even though there are a few negatives, I see way more positives and will forever love my name and keep it as Isaac. Yes. Something like Isaac will do.
Very good I like how your word choice really made the sentences flow together. I did not know Issac meant laughter. You could changed the last sentence in the first paragraph to make to better connect to the second one.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you say your laughter is like a virus. I feel like most people don’t have that kind of a laugh that gets other people going. Something like that is great, but the fact that your name also means laughter is a great coincidence.
ReplyDelete