Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Snapshot one: My name—Pietro

 My name — Pietro

 

Pietro Pozzi

English 1109 1:30 MW

09/01/2020

 

My name

My name is Pietro. I really like my name, from the Bible Pietro means rock. Pietro was the apostle chosen by Jesus to found the church in the center of Rome with Paolo. The Catholic Church speaks of the pope, the bishop of Rome, as the successor of Saint Peter. My parents gave me this name because it was the name of my grand grandpa which he died in WWII. I think they also chose this name because they want me to remember the meaning of it and be strong as a rock to pass the obstacles that life will put me through. In Italy Pietro is a really popular name, probably because the majority of the population is catholic and people name their child with apostles names. Here, in the USA, I like the approach my name has on people. My name distinguishes itself from other Americans names and people are usually interested in it. I don't have a middle name, but my nickname is Bubba. I don't really remember where my nickname came from, I was in elementary school when people started calling me Bubba and I liked it, so I just went with it. In America I usually go by p8, at the end of sophomore year in Spanish class we were reviewing numbers and for some reasons my friend came up with the name p8. From there on most of my friends started calling me p8. Yes. Something p8 will do.



3 comments:

  1. Pietro, you have a fine name with lots of depth and character and it's a ton better than Bubba in my opinion! Peter is one of my favorite apostles because he denied Christ three times, yet Jesus still said that he would build his church upon the rock of Peter. This shows me we can make mistakes but if we learn from them we can be used for much good in this world. Thanks for posting and I also think you used the last line well to introduce the nickname P8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pietro, I really like your name, especially with the meaning and your interpretation of it. I think there is some truth in why you think your parents named you Pietro. They understand life can get rough and obviously they would want you to prevail through thick and thin and have that rock like strength. Also how is P8 prounonced?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pietro, is actually a cool name you don't hear in our society. Great back story to your name and welcome to the club of getting our names butchered all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.