Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Snapshot 1 - Hailey Moore

Hailey Moore 
English 1109 @1:30, Mon. - Wed.  
August 31, 2020 
Snapshot 1
There are 16 different ways to spell my name. I can't count how many times people have missed pronounced and spelled my name. My mother loves my name, she said that she thought it was pretty. She told me that it was one of her favorite characters names in a soap opera she used to watch (All My Children, Kelly Ripa’s character). My dad chose the spelling of my name, since there were so many different ways to spell it. I have always wanted to change it, or take the “i” out of Hailey. At least if I did that people would be more likely to spell it right, they always forget the “i”, like they forgot to do their homework. As a child my family called me a hailstorm, because my emotions came like a bad summer storm. To my dad’s side of the family, they call me bird, I cannot be held or tied down, I spread my wings and fly. As I grew older, I have eventually grown to like my name, and not have to worry about having 6 different Haileys in my class, like other people I knew. In my anatomy class, we had 5 different Madison’s, all spelled the same. According to google, my name can mean “Dweller in the hay meadow” and the use of my name peaked in 2005. I guess you could say my parents were ahead of the game in 2002. I don’t know why I never went by my middle name Nicole, like my brother did. He didn’t like his name Joel, so he went by Dalton instead. Yes, something like Hail or bird will do.

1 comment:

  1. Hailey, can you repost this and work on the formatting, as it's going all the way across the screen. Remember when and if you cut and paste, use that HTML tag before you drop it in and that may help. All best, Mike

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.