Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Journal Two -- Pietro

 Journal Two

 

Pietro Pozzi

English 1109 at 1:30 M-W

09/01/2020

 

   Journal Two

My name is Pietro. I am from Sunbury, Ohio. My major is mechanical engineering. A fun fact about me is that I moved here three years ago from Italy, I couldn’t speak any English all I knew was hi and the present conjugation of the verb “be”. I like running and play soccer, I ran cross country and track all through high school. My favorite soccer team is Juventus and I admire Eliud Kipchoge as a runner since he is the first men to brake two hours in the marathon.

 

In the book The House On Mango Street, the theme that I think stood out the most so far is family and human connection is very important for people. They are a transient family that has been moving  a lot looking for better jobs. Even if they are living in poor conditions, they always stay together as a family and they comfort each other that it will get better. “Someday I will have a best friend all my own. One I can tell all my secrets to” Esperanza is looking for a friend to talk to, I think it is always good to have someone outside your family that you can talk to and tell all your problems to. The past summer I ran everyday getting ready for my last cross country season. A week before the season started I was playing soccer with friends and I broke my right foot. I was really upset, I was looking forward to the season from the all summer but my family supported me and my friends always kept me positive. It would have been a lot worse if I didn’t have them next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.