Journal Two
About Me:
There’s nothing special about me. I
work 45-52 hours a week as an assistant general manager and soon will be the
general manager of my store in a few months. I work a lot as an 18 year old and
I have a hard time to find time to do anything with my hectic schedule but I
somehow manager I guess. I’m stressed out all the time about it but I deal with
it because I’m happier.
I’m super into cars, like a lot. I
used to work on cars when I was little with my friend and that’s the main
reason why I got into them. When I was 15 I worked a lot and was able to afford
a GT Mustang and drove it everywhere before my clutch went out and couldn’t
afford or have the time to fix it so I just ended up saving up for my Camaro.
When I was 17 I was approved for a car loan for a 2019 black Chevrolet Camaro.
After a few months of have a credit card once I turned 18 and building my
credit I was able to refinance it and fully put it under my name too.
House on Mango Street:
During the first 11 pages, Sandra Cisneros uses a lot of description words to help the reader create a picture of what she sees. She wants to also describe how everyone’s dream home is to be pictured as, “ And our house would have running water and pipes that worked. And inside it would have real stairs, not hallway stairs, but stairs inside like the houses on TV. And we’d have a basement and at least three washrooms so when we took a bath we wouldn’t have to tell everybody. Our house would be white with trees around it, a great big yard and grass growing without a fence. This was the house Papa talked about when he held a lottery ticket and this was the house Mama dreamed up in the stories she told us before we went to bed” (Cisneros 4). This can be related to anyone, varying on the description, to someone’s dream home.
Hey its really cool to see that your into fixing cars. Are you planing to do something with it in college? Its also nice to someone else into manuals, My '68 is set up for it right now and ill be a true manual driver once its on the road. Your right the author does use a lot of description, but it does not feel like she is going over board. She gets the point across and then moves on to something eles.
ReplyDeleteI respect the commitment of your work/school flow. Also congrats on the Camaros they are beautiful cars. The way she did describe her dream home is pretty standard for what we want or similar.
ReplyDeletehey stephani, I love cars too I drive a 2015 ford focus manual. I think it's really impressive that you were able to buy a camaro at our age, I respect that a lot. Chevrolet Camaro is one of my favorite cars and I would love to own one too some day.
ReplyDelete