Timothy McGuire
English 1109 at 1:30, M-W
9/2/2020
Snapshot One: My Name by Timothy M
Hello, my name is Timothy McGuire. Timothy means honoring God, or in God’s honor. My parents named me after my Grandpa which I think is really neat. My Grandpa is a priest at a small church in Upper Sandusky which plays a role of why I was named Timothy. I actually like my name as much as watching football. I think it is simple and easy for people to spell. My Grandpa is a man of God. So when I think about me having the same name as him, I view it as an honor because when you think of someone being a man of God. You think of respect to others, treat everyone equally, staying out of trouble, and being honest.
I have made my name have meaning by doing the best I can do in life. Whether it is donating food to the food drive or helping one of my friends with homework. I value my name really high since my family is Christian and I find it really awesome how I have a name tied in with the Bible. Timothy in the Bible is a man that honors God and I try my best to do the same. The only negative side about having the name Timothy is that it is pretty common. When I get older, I look towards going by Tim. When you think of Tim you think of someone that is mature and wise. Yes. Something like Timothy will do.
Hi Timothy, I like when you said that you made your name have meaning. I also helped with several food drives and it was very satisfying. One of my best friends names is Timothy and he is one of the most dedicated people I've ever met.
ReplyDeleteHi Timothy, I find it very interesting that you’re parents tied your name after there religion, my parents did the same thing, and I feel the same way as you. It makes you want to be better when your name has meaning and isn’t just random or insignificant.
ReplyDeleteI think its cool how you look at your name the way you do. When you said when you think about having the same name as your grandpa and that you think of someone being a man of god, i think that’s an amazing way to look at it. It kinda gives you’re name a special meaning to you.
ReplyDelete