Angelo Cotugno
Professor Mike Lohre
English 1109
7 October 2020
My favorite poem out of the lot was For Brothers Everywhere but Tim Seibles. I like how this was more descriptive and how it would elaborate on its expressions rather than leaving it up in the air. He really goes into his ideas and follows up on how they relate in the story. I really Find interesting the words he uses in this poem such as Witta, big-ass, shaking-baking. These are some words I would never use in my personal writing, but I think he does a very good job using them in a way that makes the poem sound more natural. One thing that I admire about his writing is his use of contractions. My favorite line in the poem is Brothers be swe sweet pulling-u[ from the edge a’ the world, hanging like air itself hangs in the air; an’ gravidy gotta giv’em.up:( Seibles, Lines 27-30). I don’t think I could write a line that flows like that.
The final chapter that I find the most interesting and very relevant to the overarching story is the monkey garden. The story is about this place Esparza next goes and plays in which turns out to be a scrapyard for cars and other things. When she was little she would play without her girls and have an overall good time.however in this chapter Tito asked her friend Sally for a kiss and took her behind a pickup and did something else. This made Esperanza so mad she said,” Iread Somewhere in India there are priests who can will their heart to stop beating. I wanted my Blood to stop, my heart to quit its pumping”(Cisneros 97). She asked Tito’s mom for help, but she did nothing. This chapter really shows how Esperanza cant stay young forever and is growing up.
(I chose a picture of Mt Everest because in that chapter Esperanza said her feet did not feel like it where hers and it seemed far away like the top of a mountain not being connected to the earth.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.