Alayna Bowman
English 1109 at 1:30, Mon- Wed
28 October 2020
Journal Seven
One person I knew that has the most passion and purpose in what they do is my second grade teacher, Mrs. Budic. Although I am no longer in contact with her, she greatly influenced my life as a child. She made me more confident and inspired me to go into early childhood education. She always created a fun learning environment that made me enjoy going to school. She was a single parent of five so to me it’s amazing how she could put all that effort into making her students feel loved also.
The purpose of the introduction was to tell the reader how he got the idea to create the book. Another purpose was to give a little background knowledge on the story’s and on himself. I learned that people can find their callings at any point in their life and sometimes they could be found by mistake and take you onto a totally different path than you started on.
My favorite of the four profiles we’ve read so far is the one on Barbara Abelhauser, the bridge tender. I learned many things from this profile. One thing I learned was what a bridge tender was and what their job included. She describes it as a small area no bigger than a walk in closet. She gets to see things that others don’t get to experience and she makes connections to people even if they don’t notice her. Before reading this, I haven’t even heard of a bridge tender. I also learned that it is possible to love your job even if the pay is bad and you get treated poorly. An example of this is the story is when she admits, “ The pay’s horrible, the benefits are worse, but the job itself is great. I love it” (Isay 18). This shows that she knows it may not be the best job and it isn’t for most people but she enjoys it.
This is an image of the inside of Barbara Abelhauser’s bridge tender booth.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.