Journal 5
My favorite poem was For Brother’s Everywhere by Tim Seibles. I liked this poem because it talks. About the community this school basketball court brings. He calls them brothers even though we all know they’re not blood related. I grew up playing soccer and it really is like a second family. It’s even more special we you grow up together learning this sport and growing as a team. I don’t think he was talking about a team more so a bunch of people playing together for fun. It’s the same thing.
My favorite chapter in The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros is Red Clowns. I liked this one because Esperanza thinks sally is the most perfect girl who lives the best life, Esperanza sees all the boys looking at her and want to be her. When Esperanza see how it truly is she blames sally. Sally was being abused and wasn’t living a perfect life. It’s what Esperanza was least expecting. I think a lot of people can relate to being in a situation where you think you know everything but you truly don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Everyone has something they struggle with and you only see the happy parts most of the time. Esperanza said Why did you leave me alone?. You’re a liar. why did you leave me alone?. You’re a liar.” (Cisneros 100).

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.