Zach Sudal
Professor Lohre
English
01012/20
God's Plan
You know, in life people come and go
you went but a part of you stayed with me.
Sometimes when you meet someone
and that someone has such an impact on you;
you remember the things they've done for a lifetime.
"So wise."
This man was an absolute gym rat,
was as outgoing & charismatic as Kevin Hart,
and is as Mormon as a man could be.
Being around him for a year taught me more life lessons than my teachers did.
We would be in the gym working hard as a lumberjack,
whenever I got tired, he pushed me.
I asked myself, "do I really want this."
I responded yes because I knew that he knew I needed this,.
In the moment you don't always appreciate
the things or people you have,
but when you go without them,
you start to value them more.
You start to reflect,
put the dots together, and learn lessons.
Most importantly you grow, and start to value
the relationships and things you have more.
Because every good thing usually comes to an end,
but maybe thats God's plan.
"Because every good thing usually comes to an end, but maybe that's God's plan." I really like this sentence and the truthful meaning it carries. From your poem I also really like the metaphor you used "We would be in the gym working hard as a lumberjack", it really gives me a firm imagine how hard you were working.
ReplyDelete