Monday, October 12, 2020

Snapshot 3 - Hailey Moore

Hailey Moore

English 1109 @1:30 M.- W.

10/11/2020

 My Star Wars Dad                                                         

My Stepdad. My dad.  

We may not be blood, but he is my Dad.  

I come home and I see him on the couch, his prickly black hair, tannish skin, and dark brown eyes. 

His Japanese features standing out.

Him wearing his Boba Fett t-shirt and old blue jeans. 


He raised me and taught me right from wrong.  

He stepped up to the plate to teach me like Obi Wan did with Anakin, after Qui-Gon.  

We sat there on the couch and watched Star Wars. 

We went to every single new Star Wars movie that came out in the theaters. 

He was a Jedi Master, and I was his apprentice 

Sending him countless Star Wars tiktoks over text.  

Watching every single movie in the right order.  

My Star Wars Dad. 

 

One of our favorite shows is “The Mandalorian”, we speak of our theories and ideas after every episode.  

I drew a picture of Boba Fett, from the original trilogy, and it sits proudly on the wall in the house.  

He taught me to drive, to be the best pilot in the galaxy like Anakin.  

He shared his wisdom and knowledge with me like Yoda to Luke. 

My Dad and Star Wars taught me that no matter what the odds look like, that does not mean to give up.  

Never give up like the Rebels never gave up fighting for their independence from the Empire.  

We are best friends and attached by the hip like C3PO and R2D2. 


He is my Dad, and he is the reason I go to college. 

The reason that I went to school and got good grades.

The reason that I did not end up like the kids I went to school with doing drugs, and being irresponsible. 

He was my father, when mine did not want to be.

My amazing Star Wars Dad.

 



                                                 My Star Wars Dad is also an OSU graduate!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, I love the star wars theme in this. I see how great of a person he is after reading this. I love the line about the knowledge being passed like Yoda to Luke was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you based the peom a that you guys both connect over, and then used it to make metaphors. Your whole poem is smooth witch I appreciate because its something I struggle with in my writing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.