Monday, October 26, 2020

Journal Seven- Pietro

Pietro Pozzi                                                                                                                                                   

English 1109 at 1: 30-3: 30 MW

10/26/2020 

                                                                            Journal Seven 

When I think about someone  deeply  passionate about his job, my father  is the person that comes immediately on my mind. He is a production and quality manager of a company that operates in the adhesive and sealants industry. They produce a special type of glue used for company of diapers, mattresses and general assembly. In the year 2000 he started working there as a normal worker, with ferocity hard , commitment and passion he worked his way up to be a manager and get transferred to the United States. I think what brings him to have so much success in what he does is the love  for  his  job, and  the  passion  he has for  it. I n fact , most days of the week he is working from early morning six / seven am to late afternoon five / six pm , sometimes I count the hours that he is working and I don't understand how he can work almost twelve hours every day for five or six days a week. I think this job just suits his personality, this is probably why he works so much, and he doesn't feel like he is forcing himself to do it.           

T he  purpose of the  introduction  of calling  is  for the author to  explain us how  he came up with the idea of ​​making this book. He brings us back to what he experienced with Dr. Chen; he is trying to recreate the same atmosphere to make us feel the same as how he felt when he met her . This introduction also shows us how much hard work and time has been put in this book, as state d: “Hard work. Blood work. Love work. " (Isay, 4)          

T he story that struck me the most so far ,  o ut of the ones we read ,  is Herman Heyn story.  When he was a  kid, h e was deeply passionate in astronomy and wanted to do something related to that when he would be older . Henry has learning disabilities and he was not good in school so he couldn't major in college in anything related to that. After College he went int a lot of jobs, but nothing fit for him . One day, as he states: "And so I decided, Heck, I am going to take my telescope out on the street and invite people to look at the starts         ". He made forty dollars the first night so he started  thinking  that it could become a  full-time  job. He ended up doing that job for the rest of his life and he was enjoying every single moment of it.    

 

 

This is the final product  that the company my dad works for make . This will be distributed to other companies and they can use it for their varies purposes. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the astronomy profile too, I like how it really puts into perspective that you don't have to have a special degree or education to be able to do what you love.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.