Monday, September 14, 2020

Journal three

 

Zach Sudal

Professor Mike Lohre

English

09/14/20

Journal: Three

Part one: The active reading as of now is going fine. I have been highlighting the flashy things she has been adding to her book to spice up the choice of words, which is beneficial to the reader. I feel like margining notes are a bit confusing to me because it is something more new, and she is just such a creative writer. Down the line I am hoping to improve that. I feel like I have not picked up a lot of new vocabulary, just metaphors, direct and indirect, and similes (being more creative with my writing.) I definitely can relate to the story at times with certain events throughout my life in certain places I have lived. The relativity is enjoyable to me, so that is going well for me. To recap what is going less well, is the margining.

Part two: My strength of Cisneros is understanding and absorbing her creativeness, and “monkey see, monkey do,” be more creative with my own writing. A weakness I have besides the margin writing is the understanding of some themes of the stories. I just don’t know some words of the themes that were brought up, like the not clear thesis in “Gil’s Furniture Bought and Sold,” “ambiguity.” In Clarett’s book, my strengths are understanding as I follow along. It’s like watching a TV show, the lingo, the pace, etc. It is east to follow along for me. A weakness is writing margins. As of now I slightly prefer Clarett’s book.

Park three: A question I was wondering in the book was would he be where is his, and do the things he did if his father never left, or if he at least had a very strong father figure in his life earlier on? Ill write about chapter five in one and done right here. In that chapter it started creating a sense of how important football is, its his life. The reader can see how talented he is at the sport, and how much potential he has. This chapter emphasizes how football is his brigt future out of living “badly.” It also shows that Clarett still has outburst from a tough loss, but also to be professional about it. You see how much he respects the coach McDaniels, but is not close to him, so this chapter is showing the how only football is a game, not a family part at the end unlike other interactions he has had with coaches. His mind set is only winning.

2 comments:

  1. It cool that you can so quickly start to incorporate thing that you in to your writing. That Good question, because he has had some farther figure in his life but they where later on and not very constantly with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the friendly comment, Michael Angelo. I hope by reading Cisnero, most people can learn how to utilize creative writing into their own work. I'm sure you're slowly getting more comfortable with that idea too. That may be a big reason why Mr. Mike chose that book for us.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.