Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Snapshot One: Arturo Castillo

Arturo Castillo

Professor Mike

English 1109 1:30 M, W

Sept 2nd, 2020


                                                            My Name


                    My name is Arturo Castillo and it's in Spanish, my friends usually call me Art. I am Mexican/Latino born in Florida and received my name from my mother naming me the same name as my father making me a Junior. Fun fact the translation in English for my name Arturo Castillo would be Arthur Castle as lame as that would be. It was weird growing up with this name after leaving Florida at a young age. A lot of my friends and family said my name correctly when living in Florida, it wasn't until I left to Georgia that my name would be butchered like a slaughtered pig. I had so many nicknames to my name since everyone had a hard time saying my name growing up from being called R2-D2, Arty, Cas, Arthur, Toro, Cast, Art, Bear, Junior, etc. I just got used to turning my head when I head anything similar to that. I honestly did not mind being called anything since a name is how we are remembered and a great first impression always helps people remember me. I hate my name at the time for the fact that hardly no one knows how to spell it and I always have to repeat it or spell it when dealing with professional matters. I am proud of this name for It has brought me good fortune through my life as corny as that can be.


    


3 comments:

  1. Hey Arturo, my name is Italian so people have trouble spelling it too. Our names stand out from normal names and I think that is something positive about having a Latino or European names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Arturo, My name may not be hard to pronounce, but it is also butchered when it is spelled. I also really like your name, it is very unique and you shouldn't have to hate it. I like your simile "butchered like a pig". That really painted an image in my head and was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats up, R2-D2? I liked your story, it painted sort of a picture too with the certain approach you took. The simile added to it too. You being a junior reminded me of my grandfather and father too so I can understand your story a bit more because my father had similar hardships.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.