Thursday, September 3, 2020

Snapshot one; Stephanie Niggemeyer

     My name is kinda common, to me and the meaning behind it is very unique. When I was born my mother wanted me to be her “lucky child” so she named me after that. Her lucky number is seven, so she used a very weird but unique way of using it in my name. Stephanie Evelyn Niggemeyer. “S” “EVE” “N”.  I was her lucky child in a way she says. I made her happy and laugh again because of my brother and father becoming super well known in Ohio. Many say she was stupid naming me this way but it made loved that she actually put thought into my name. 

    My last name brings a lot of complications in my life. Whether it is the way people pronounce it to the way they spell it too, or even the way people react, “Is that actually your last name?” People always think I’m lying when I say my last name or they judge me for it. I’ve come accustomed to it where it doesn’t bother me anymore. 

Yes, something like making it on my own will do!

3 comments:

  1. Similar things happen to me with my last name, although Ive never had someone ask me it was really my name. People mess it all the time wither its on purpose or an accident so i under stand how that feels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie, I love how much thought your mom put into your name. I think you did a really good job at changing up the last sentence and really making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Seven. The meaning behind your name is pretty dope, I can't even lie. It instantly remindeded me of Eleven from stranger things too. 7/11. Your name seems like a blessing and a curse to me in the way you put it. It seems that your curse was a blessing too if that banter doesn't bother you anymore and you take things less personally.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.