Monday, October 5, 2020

Journal 4 Cortney

 Journal four

    I think there are many themes in chapter 10 of One and Done by Maurice Clarett. One theme that really stood bout to me was betrayal. Clarett had practically won the championship even though he was injured. He carried the team the whole season. After OSU won they just threw Clarett away like he was nothing. Clarett already felt that they didn’t have his best interest when his buddy from back home passed away. This was just another reason to feel betrayed and want revenge. Clarett has also narrowed a buddies car but it had gotten broken into so he had to file a police report on everything that was stolen. Clarett didn’t know what the real price of the CD’s were so he just guessed. He was way off so the police thought he lied and the buddy he narrowed the car from ultimately set him up. Clarett had to do many interviews about this situation. “ The interviews were just bizarre. Some grown adults locked in a room badgering A kid about where he got money to buy CDs that he didn’t even buy.” (Page 155).

     I grew up playing soccer. The first team I was on we all learned the game of soccer together and grew as a team. I would say my soccer coach was definitely a role model in my life at that age. At first, she was a good influence always pushing us to be better and support our teammates. As we got older and started taking soccer more serious she became a negative role model. She would scream and yell at us during practice. At one point we had just enough players to be one the field and one person on the side lines. We won most of are games and were the team to beat. When we did lose a game she would cuss us out and put us down. The best way I can describe my coach is the soccer version of Abby Lee Miler from dance moms. 

2 comments:

  1. I also thought that a main theme in the chapter is betrayal. They kind of used him to get to the championship and then made up a lie to kick him off of their team. I can relate to playing soccer when I was younger and looking up to my coaches although, they were never as harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the theme of betrayal. The athletics department was never in his corner when it came down to it. They actively there him under the bus for the department and the coaches personal gain.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.