Monday, October 5, 2020

Journal Four- Pietro

 

Pietro Pozzi

English at 1:30-2:30 M-W

10/03/2020

Journal four  

One of the themes that sticked out to me the most in chapter ten is revenge. Clarett, during the winter, borrowed his friend’s car. Couple weeks later, someone stole some CDs from the car’s backseat, which they possessed to the owner of the car. Clarett didn’t know exactly what to do, so he called Tressel and he told him to file a police report about it. Clarett didn’t give that much attention to the situation at the moment because the stuff stolen weren’t even his. Unwillingly, he filed the report in a wrong way, and forgets about it. Halfway through the summer he gets a call from OSU telling him he needed to come back to campus and had to answer some questions to the NCAA about his car-break in. He thinks that Greiger called the NCAA investigation on him as he states: “Geiger called for the investigation. He called the NCAA about this. He gave me up”. (Clarett, 155) Clarett thinks Geiger called the investigation to revenge when Clarett called him a liar the year before. he wanted to vindicate himself and show that he wasn’t the liar but Clarett was. I think the reflection towards the end part of the chapter is important because, he expresses the feelings of his life without football and how this affects it. 

Growing up I had a lot of people that in a way influenced me, but otherwise of Clarett experiences I don’t think I had a lot of negative influencers. The most important one was probably my best friend all through elementary school and middle schoolHis name is Pietro, we have known each other since preschool, but we only became close friends in elementary school. I always used to go over at his house after school, we would just hang out and pretty much grow up together. I think he had a positive influence on mewe were just teenagers experimenting new things: play, having fun, share things with each other and grow up together.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pietro, I can connect to your more influential person as well. One of my best friends had the most influence on me during elementary school as well, and only known each other since fourth grade. He moved during the summer going into 6th grade, but I still talk to him a lot to this day. I can relate to your reasoning of why he was so influential to you too. Do you still talk to him? I liked how you blended your direct quote very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have thought to take ravage from this chapter but you make good points on why it one of the themes.Its really cool that you had someone grow up with.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.