Arturo Castillo
English 1109 M-W 1:30
10/26/2020
Journal Seven
One of the most interesting
and hard-working individuals I knew was with a gentleman named Technical Sergeant
Mitchell. We were deployed together in
Qatar for 8 months and I was blessed to have worked for him since he was one of
the most productive role models in my life. He was always working non-stop even
getting called in back to work in the middle of the night or stayed behind working
long hours, it did not matter for he stayed being busy. Our mission in Qatar
was simple but very tedious work and it involved a lot of communicating with
other high-ranking officials, flying supplies around the world, and more things
I wish I could discuss but am not allowed.
Working with TSgt
Mitchell taught me that even though we work non-stop with hardly any breaks or
sleep we can still be happy even on shit days. This man was a very happy individual
even with all the amount of work he had on his plate he stayed positive and
ready to work the next day knowing it was going to be another busy day. It felt
like a family bond since we worked and had the same purpose for getting our
mission done at the time.
My favorite person so far
to read on was Austin Chen the doctor that never stopped working in the introduction
of the book Callings. Dr. Chen even missed her father’s funeral to deliver
babies was an unexpected part to read since it shows how much passion she has
for her job. When Dr. Chen talked to Dave Isay after noticing him on Tv she
said, “I wish I had done something important enough with my life to be on Colbert.”
Which to me was a weird thing to say from her since in my eyes she has accomplished
a lot from getting her degree, to be able to become a doctor, and to bring new
life to this world.

Dr. Chen was one of my favorite person from the book so far. I found very impressive how strong her commitment to her job is. this to me shows how much she really loves and enjoying doing her job
ReplyDelete