Monday, October 12, 2020

Snapshot 3-Berger

 

Eyes that hear 

 

This person I’m with knows me 

with a pair of green eyes like a calm forest 

lined with a golden sunrise 

in a dark room that is not mine 

it is the most comfortable room that I have ever been in

Those eyes look into me to see more than I can show. 

Her ears, hidden by long hair 

but my words are not muffled 

like others whose ears are uncovered. 

A mouth that softly hums when I don’t speak 

because they know that there is more to be said 

and does not smile or laugh at me, but with me

 in a way that I will always know who it is. 

A person that knows me and still accepts me

2 comments:

  1. Great poem Michael I enjoy how you wrote your special person without naming them. Great way to describe the green eyes with a calm forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a really good poem Michael! I thought the writing was at its best when you said, "Those eyes look into me to see more than I can show". It shows that this person really understands you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.